Thursday, June 12, 2014

DIY Power Supply

Hey All -

Every few weeks or so, I'll get an email asking about the DIY power supply video and information I provide on my website (here).

When Jacobs-Online originally sold their step down transformers, they only had a single input on the primary windings. A few months back (maybe a year), they changed the primary windings to allow for both 120 and 220v input. Thus making the power supplies rated for international use.

My video only has a walk through for the old style transformer, but the website has all the diagrams necessary to wire the transformer into either 120v input or 220v input.

I am currently in the process of updating my video to account for this change, which will also include all the new diagrams I have posted on the DIY diagram page.

I hope this clarifies any questions, although I have a feeling I'll still receive emails until I get the video done... :P


No comments:

Post a Comment