Thursday, August 4, 2011

General Update & New Designs

G'morning everyone!


I wanted to write a quick update for those that might be wondering what is going on with the website and such. Much of this I'll have on my next most recent video update.

I'm sure many of you remember that back at the turn of the year I moved to my new home with it's sweet workshop... While this has been great in feeling like I "get away from it all" when I get home, I literally have gotten away from it all... haha! Not having the availability of internet out at the farmstead has made things incredibly difficult for me to create updates for the website and post new videos. That certainly doesn't mean that I'm not working diligently behind the scenes, but keeping everyone update has become more difficult than I originally anticipated. I am still taking custom orders from customers, and helping users with questions as they come. Just because I'm not posting videos doesn't mean I'm not here to help all of you should it be necessary.

I've started to build a database of users for my upcoming terrain website. I must give many thanks to Kamloopian as he is the grand father of terrain. It's just a shame that when he tried to make a community driven terrain wikia, it was the final straw that broke the camels back when he got hacked. As exemplified through his behavior, he is no longer making new terrain videos.

I intend on picking up where he left off and creating a mass terrain website, but not reinventing the wheel. I intend for it to be a source of information as well as a how-to website. I'll likely utilize many websites (i.e. Beasts of War, Miniwargaming) for their forum aspect, and drive users to those sites for forum based conversations as well as user submitted content. While maintaining my bank of content creators to link videos in specific fields (tree making, grasses, hills, full tables, buildings, sci fi, etc). Should you be one of these people, wanting to submit videos or written documents, please feel free to contact me and I'll add your name to the list.

If you read back in April I have a new cutter that I'm developing specifically for all of you, the hobby foam cutting enthusiast. I am currently in communication with a very well known terrain supply company and am creating a prototype for them. My hopes are that I'll have the yeah or nay within the next two months on the project moving forward. It is all very exciting, and I know I've been incredibly vague with this whole thing, but it's killing me that I can't share more specific details for legality reasons, but it'll be worth it.

Aside from the new hobby cutter I CAN'T write about, be sure to expect new diagrams and projects you too can build for hobby foam use. While videos will be slowly coming out, the website updates are a bit easier and I should have those coming soon too.

I hope all is well, take care
-carlo

No comments:

Post a Comment